Phoebe Institute on Aging (PIA) and PBS39 Present the 2022 PIA Conference
The Personal Cost of Caring:
Secondary Trauma and Resiliency in Senior Care
Thursday, April 28, 2022 | 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Caregivers of senior adults have reported distress in dealing with a range of challenges throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Since March 2020, they have dealt with the uncertainty of the disease progression, the possibility of direct exposure to COVID-19 at work, the lack of personal protective equipment (PPE), overwhelming workloads, and physical exhaustion. After more than a year of trying to protect our most vulnerable citizens from this highly infectious disease, frontline workers may be experiencing secondary trauma, compassion fatigue, and a desire to leave healthcare.
This virtual conference examined the effects of COVID-19 on caregivers of older adults, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Practical solutions were offered, including self-care, discovering sources of energy and renewal, and how senior care organizations can care for those who care for others.
2023 PIA CONFERENCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Proposal submissions to present at the 2023 Phoebe Institute on Aging (PIA) conference are now being accepted!
The next PIA Conference will take place in April 2023. The topic is We Rise Together: Seniors Rebound with Resilience and Hope.
Laura van Dernoot Lipsky is the founder and director of The Trauma Stewardship Institute and author of Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others and The Age of Overwhelm. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the field of trauma exposure, she has worked locally, nationally, and internationally for more than three decades.
ABOUT THE PHOEBE INSTITUTE ON AGING (PIA)
The Phoebe Institute on Aging (PIA) promotes improved quality of life and care for the aging and their families. The Institute is well-known for its innovative educational programs, cooperative ventures, and outreach activities.
Phoebe Ministries is able to provide this educational conference thanks to the continued support of our sponsors and donors. Please consider supporting Phoebe by clicking the link below. Thank you.
Many thanks to our Conference Sponsors:
SCHEDULE AND SPEAKER BIOS
Please click on the links below to access printable PDF files.
Please click on the link below to access a printable PDF file of the conference brochure.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIT (CEU) HOURS
FIVE TOTAL HOURS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE DAY. Please note that while session recordings will be available to attendees for up to 60 days after the event, no CEUs can be earned after April 28, 2022.
- NURSING CEUs: Phoebe has been approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing for five CEUs for the full day. Fee: $10
- LONG TERM CARE ADMINISTRATOR CEUs: Five CEUs for the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) will be awarded for the full day. Fee: $10
To earn these CEUs, you are required to register for an NAB Continuing Education Registry ID to receive continuing education hours from a National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) sponsor. To create and manage your account, visit: nabweb.com/manage-my-account
- SOCIAL WORK CEUs*: Five CEUs will be awarded for completion of the full-day conference from the National Association of Social Workers-PA (NASW-PA). They are available for $15 for NASW-PA members and $50 for non-members.
- COMMUNITY LIFE PROFESSIONAL CEUs: Phoebe is approved by the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP) to offer five CEUs for the full day. Fee: $10
- PENNSYLVANIA CERTIFICATION BOARD (PCB) CEUs: Phoebe has been approved by the Pennsylvania Certification Board to offer five CEUs at no cost for the full day.
- PASTORAL CARE CEUs: Five units are available at no cost for the full day.
- CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE: Phoebe Ministries offers a certificate of attendance at no cost.
CEU DIRECTIONS & VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE
To receive a certificate, you must:
(a) Purchase your CEU(s) if they have fees;
(b) Attend each required session for no less than 57 minutes to earn the five (5) credits;
(c) Complete a Conference Evaluation.
Registrants will receive an email with directions about how to attend the conference on the Conference Tracker website. Conference Tracker tracks time by recording when attendees enter a session and when they leave. Attendance reports will verify that a CEU applicant has met the required attendance time of five hours to earn a certificate. Evaluations will be provided to attendees virtually to assist in earning CEUs. When we have received a completed evaluation, a certificate of attendance will be issued via email. Please note that while session recordings will be available to attendees for up to 60 days after the event, no CEUs can be earned after April 28, 2022.
For questions or more information about the conference or sponsorships, please call 610-794-5152 or email email@example.com.